Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary air pump delete

Hi there,
    does anyone have experience of removing the SAP completely on an S50B32 engine?
    My pump is off the car with a very noisy pulley bearing & I can only find used pumps to replace it. I have trace back the pipes & inlet manifold side looks fairly straightforward, but I cannot even see where the pipe goes on the exhaust manifold!
    It looks as though the air con compressor will have to be removed to blank this off, or is there an easier way?
    Not sure which way to jump on this one.
    Howard.

Looks like its under 3rd exhaust branch

Comment

Comment

Cheers dave,
        further back than I thought. So just a heat shield, manifold & engine mount in the way. Should be a piece of cake then
        Howard

Comment

South African S50b32 spec engines didnt have the aux air pump so the parts are available from BMW - Blanking plate and shorter belt.

Comment

I’ve deleted it without blanking at manifold as I couldn’t see where blanking plate went (albeit I bought the blanking plate from BMW) - l blanked the pipe instead. Details on my journal here
            1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Hi Ian,
              Same here. After much dismantling of heat shields & using a pencil thin inspection lamp & mirror I found where the blanking plate goes. No way to get to it without removing the front 3 branch manifold (don't even know if thats possible with engine in situ!). I have just made plugs for the Rubber pipes that push onto the back of the pump & taped the connector up out of harms way. Car runs exactly the same without pump fitted. New drive belt on mine is a PK880 (880mm length), all seems to work well
              Howard.

Comment

Working...
              X