Partridge BMW Eastleigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partridge BMW Eastleigh

Wholly negative experience buying parts from Partridge BMW.

Previously I have purchased my parts from Harwoods BMW in Basingstoke who have been excellent but as I've since moved to the south of the county I need to find someone more local - even then Partridge is 30 mins drive away but it is my nearest.

I phoned up to order a part (coupe boot handle) - nobody answering the parts lines but I left a message on the answerphone to say I wanted to order a part and they called me back pretty promptly. Part needed to come from Germany so I'm advised it will take a week & they need payment upfront over the phone by credit card (£177) - no problem, made payment, all went through fine. I ask will they call me when it's in? "No Sir we don't do that". OK and do I get a copy of my payment via email "No sir we don't do that either". I offered to give them my mobile number & email address so they could keep me updated but they told me they didn't want my details....

1 week goes by - and I want to be sure the part is in before I travel - as it's a fair distance. So I ring the parts department - straight to answerphone and leave a message asking someone to call me back to let me know if the part is in. 3 days later - no call back so I call again - and leave another voice mail. Another 2 days I leave another voice mail. Then I call their reception and explain I've been trying to contact parts for over a week & need to know if the part has arrived before I travel - the receptionist says "Oh they're a nightmare - they don't answer their phones and they delete their messages without listening to them - you'll have to just keep trying" << sorry not good enough.

3 more attempts over the next week (including another conversation with the receptionist who told me what a nightmare the parts dept are) and yesterday I just gave up and went down there.

Nice swanky showroom - no corners cut there. Go to the parts counter & press the doorbell - wait 5 mins for someone to come to the desk - then a lady appears - I explain I'm here to collect a part & she barks at me "Where are you from?"
    Me> "sorry? what's that got to do with anything?"
    Her> visible SIGH... then very slowly she says "What.. Company... Are.. You.. From?"
    Me> "I'm not from any company - i'm here to pick up a part I ordered"
    Her> "What name?"
    No apology for the condescending tones - she just struts off into the back room. I wait for about 5 more mins then she reappears with no part but a pad & pen -
    Her> "Have you actually ordered a part?"
    Me> "Yes"
    Her> "Where's your receipt?"
    Me> "I ordered if over the phone and apparently you don't send receipts"
    Her> "Without the Receipt I can't help you"
    Me> "I specifically asked for a receipt when I ordered & was told you don't send them out"
    I then got up my credit card transactions on my phone and showed her the debit for the £177 to them taken 2 weeks earlier.
    She huffed and went off again for another 3 mins - returning with my part & a printed receipt.
    No apology.

Unbelievable - they were SO quick to take my money and then totally obstructive in allowing me to pick up the part I'd already paid for.

I will be putting in a complaint to BMW & leaving a suitable google review - but for anyone else in Southampton area - just a warning not to buy your parts from these jokers!
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

May be worth trying one of the dealers who post parts out ?

https://www.mcoupe.co.uk/forum/forum...ur-bmw-or-mini

Comment

Harry Fairburn were great the couple of times I have dealt with them , parts sent by post no.bother
      Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Also have Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Mk IV UK Car

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Comment

Funnily enough I originally contacted Harry Fairburn and they said the club discount would be more than wiped out by the cost to post so recommended I buy locally....
        Will try the Snows dealer in Portsmouth next time, otherwise I'll suck up the costs for a better dealer further away!
        ----------------
        David
        1999 M Coupe (S50)
        >>Read my journal here<<
        2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
        2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Crikey, that couldn’t be more different to the service I get at Lloyd BMW Blackpool. Mostly I email part number/part requests, they get ordered, I get a text/email when they arrive and pay on collection (even if they come on special order from Germany)
          1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
            Crikey, that couldn’t be more different to the service I get at Lloyd BMW Blackpool. Mostly I email part number/part requests, they get ordered, I get a text/email when they arrive and pay on collection (even if they come on special order from Germany)
            Same with the dealers I use, normally a text or phone call to say the parts are ready to be collected.

Comment

Working...
            X