abs light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abs light

had a nice drive today ,sun was out no salt on the roads,no kids or wife and was loving the car especially as there is no major work to do on her and then the abs light started to flicker.stopped and started a few times and inst on when start up but after a few miles it starts.any ideas,cheers

Faulty sensor or maybe just dirty? one of mine played up and a good clean sorted it out as it was covered in small bits of rust from the brake disc

Comment

thank you for reply.looks like i will be busy tonight.

Comment

Yeah I had ABS issues last year - solved by replacing the NSF sensor. Was about £75 for a genuine one from a dealer.
        ECP and similar had cheaper ones available but my research found that pattern ones often don't work...
        ----------------
        David
        1999 M Coupe (S50)
        >>Read my journal here<<
        2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
        2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

i was warned by a friend today not buy buy the cheap ones.he also pulled a box full of diagnostic fittings and none of them fitted so i had to remove all 4 which i cleaned and 5 miles later still no light.i wire brushed the front rings and did my best to get in and clean the rears.fingers crossed.cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by jess robson View Post
            i was warned by a friend today not buy buy the cheap ones.he also pulled a box full of diagnostic fittings and none of them fitted so i had to remove all 4 which i cleaned and 5 miles later still no light.i wire brushed the front rings and did my best to get in and clean the rears.fingers crossed.cheers.
            Result if it cures it

Comment

abs light back on so had a diagnostic run and was told there is a valve sticking in the pump unit.i was told to drain all fluid and add new as this could free up the valve or find a second hand unit which brings me to the question ,does the z3/e36 unit fit as there are plety on ebay and cheap.cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by jess robson View Post
                abs light back on so had a diagnostic run and was told there is a valve sticking in the pump unit.i was told to drain all fluid and add new as this could free up the valve or find a second hand unit which brings me to the question ,does the z3/e36 unit fit as there are plety on ebay and cheap.cheers.
                Specific to the MC or MR and E36 M3 Evo I think,

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/par...109&series=E36

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-E36-M...UAAOSwjh5gVKFt

Comment

cheers Dave.,i was given a number for a place in derby who does a re build so am going to contact today

Comment

all sorted.after being informed that i need a new abs pump i visited an old friend who put his diagnostic on and was reporting rear left sensor,a lot easier and cheaper than the other diagnosis.i replaced it and all is good..well worth a second opinion in this case.

Comment

Working...
                    X