Removing S50B32 Airbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing S50B32 Airbox

I have had to remove my airbox (air collector - plenum) a few times so I thought I would take some pictures and do a quick how to guide

Hopefully I havent missed out anything but like all things you use this guide at your own risk!

First remove air filter housing - one 10mm bolt on side and nut on left , hose clamp below maf

Comment

Comment

Heat shield can be removed to give a bit more working space - 2 10mm bolts on bracket and 2 plastic nuts on chassis rail - rubber bung on chassis rail locates the air filter housing

Last edited by Dave P; 30-07-2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Remove cable/s from throttle body and 2 10mm chrome nuts - move out of way - unclip air hose

Last edited by Dave P; 30-07-2021, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Unbolt chrome 10mm nuts that attach air tubes to throttle bodies

Last edited by Dave P; 30-07-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

undo hose clamp on top of air box seen above between air tubes and slide off hose
              Last edited by Dave P; 30-07-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Undo 2 13mm nuts underneath air box that attach to Y shaped bracket

Comment

If you can undo the 2 hose clamps that are under the airbox either with box in situ or lifted and tilted to give more access - this can be the worst part depending on the size of your hands as access around the Y shaped bracket is limited especially for the small breather that goes to the gearbox case

Unplug cable to air temperature sensor

Last edited by Dave P; 30-07-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Airbox should now be free and can be lifted out - its tight around the dip stick tube so worth placing a cloth around the tube

Comment

Comment

Things to do when removed - check hoses especially ICV to air box and oil breather hoses

change the small rubber bung ontop of engine bracket

you can clean the throttle body butterflies carefully!

Comment

the bung that can cause idle issues

Comment

refitting is the reverse of the above taking care to make sure you attach all hoses and try not to drop any of the chrome nuts which tend to fall in small spaces around the engine block!

Comment

Working...
                            X