Removing M front bumper guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing M front bumper guide

Removed my front bumper today to get it painted (again)

Very easy and quick to do.

Jack up front of car and use axle stands.

Remove the two large Torx bolts via the large holes - requires a couple of extensions

Last edited by Dave P; 10-11-2021, 12:00 PM.

Comment

T50 Torx,

Comment

Remove the 3 hex head bolts (2x30mm zinc yellow 1x 18mm black) dont remove the 2 torx bolts the 18mm is hidden in the hole to left of picture

Last edited by Dave P; 10-11-2021, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Comment

Bumper will now slide forward and allow you to unplug the 2 side lights and remove the fluid hose that attaches to the headlight washers if fitted

Comment

Comment

Side brackets that hold bumper in place

Comment

This way allows you to remove the complete bumper assembly including the alloy carrier and negates the need to remove the headlights,

You can do this with the front wheels still mounted and arch liners in situ.

Comment

Great write up

Its a lot easier than I thought it would be, which helps as I need to do it to swap my washers over (since they were put back the wrong way around after my bumper was painted!)
                    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                      Great write up

Its a lot easier than I thought it would be, which helps as I need to do it to swap my washers over (since they were put back the wrong way around after my bumper was painted!)
                      One thing to note is that the bumper assembly is heavy so needs care to remove when free of fixings also the hose to the headlamp washers may have a one use clamp on it rather than a jubilee type but there are valves that attach to the washer nozzles which although fragile can also be removed instead

Comment

some more pictures showing the inside of a M bumper,

Comment

Comment

Comment

I refitted the bumper yesterday and although it may be possible to fit as the reverse of above I found it easier to remove the front wheels and front fixings of the wheel arch liners to allow better access to re install the brake ducts but bumper does slid easily onto side brackets without any issues. Liners dont need to be removed just bent back around the front shocks to give access.

Comment

Working...
                              X