S50 Alarm inclination / tilt sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50 Alarm inclination / tilt sensor

So as per my other post/s I have an alarm fault which according to a diagnostic reader is the inclination or tilt sensor part number 65756923210

I ordered a replacement from BMW which took 3 days as it was only held in the central German warehouse. Part arrived and went to fit but it

appears you need to remove the left side boot trim panel and plastic bracket as the sensor is too large to fit through the narrow gap.

The replacement sensor which is a revised part number is much smaller but has a different connector which means you also need a

adapter cable to plug it in. part number 65758380747 ( I had one in stock which I bought a year ago as I have been collecting parts which may become

NLA - which I get some ribbing for on the forum but again I would rather have the parts ready when or if I need them. So I will need to wait for better weather

and have the pleasure of removing the boot trim.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looking at the dates on the sensor it may be that only early coupes have the old large part and later cars may have the newer part and wiring already fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                    Looking at the dates on the sensor it may be that only early coupes have the old large part and later cars may have the newer part and wiring already fitted.
                    Checked on my spare loom which is from a later 1999 build and it has the small connector on as thought,

Comment

Ended up removing half the boot tim to get the old sensor out, it may be possible to remove the small plastic bracket that is in the way but I replaced the side window trim at the same time so it all came out.

Comment

Old style large sensor,​

Comment

Comment

Comment

Old style sensor appears to be filled with some type of liquid /oil but is sealed so not water that has got inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X