X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I'm looking to fit a smaller steering wheel and was wondering if anyone has this type fitted to an early s50. Is the airbag plug and play? Looks to be a single stage version to me
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by quattro View Post
            I'm looking to fit a smaller steering wheel and was wondering if anyone has this type fitted to an early s50. Is the airbag plug and play? Looks to be a single stage version to me
            looks like the same slip ring/connections as my 1998 Coupe

Comment

• Thanks Dave. I think I'll buy this wheel and if its smaller in size to the original, I'll get it retrimmed by Jack
              P.s I saw your coupe at a show in lichfield recently. I went home and started looking at the for sale ads so its all your fault

Comment

Thanks Dave. I think I'll buy this wheel and if its smaller in size to the original, I'll get it retrimmed by Jack
                P.s I saw your coupe at a show in lichfield recently. I went home and started looking at the for sale ads so its all your fault
                HaHa, sorry

Comment

• Comment

I'm looking to fit a smaller steering wheel and was wondering if anyone has this type fitted to an early s50. Is the airbag plug and play? Looks to be a single stage version to me
                    Don't know what you have no, but this SA255 Sport Steering wheel is 385mm in diameter. For reference, the SA710 M airbag wheel is 375mm.

All E36/Z3 4 spokes are all 385mm. If you want smaller than the 375mm wheel, you end up with the older M-Tech wheels as fitted to E34's etc, but you loose the airbag.

Comment

• I have the standard m steering wheel. Thanks for the info. Is there any way of getting the horn to work from the button on an aftermarket non airbag steering wheel ?

Comment

• Sure. These wheels have a horn button. This means converting your steering column bracketry to the old setup so you can use the old type slipring (with sliding carbon contacts) and of course some rewiring to get it all to work.
                        People usually go the other way around. It's lots of work for only a bit of a smaller wheel. Up to you if you think it's worth it.

Comment

• I would like to fit a 350 or 360mm wheel

Comment

• Hamann carbon

Comment

• Comment

• Whats the diameter Dave? 365?

Comment

Working...
                                X