Puncture repair bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puncture repair bottle

I have an unused M Mobility system 2 setup in my coupe but the inflating fluid bottle has a date on it of 30/10/2006.
    I have to assume as it has a best before date it will not be any good now, or am I wrong?
    Product number is 71102229882, can you purchase an 'in date' bottle nowadays or does the whole system have to be changed??

I think if you have the later type 2 kit you can just buy new foam bottle from BMW but the earlier black version is sealed and they no longer offer foam

Comment

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=71_0857

Comment

This is why I have a spacesaver in my boot - don't trust the foam/gloop stuff!
        ----------------
        David
        1999 M Coupe (S50)
        >>Read my journal here<<
        2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
        2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Cheers Guys,
          Yes Dave, I think it is the type 2 kit. I will try the dealers next week.
          Lets hope they don't want a King's Ransom for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Howm58 View Post
            Cheers Guys,
            Yes Dave, I think it is the type 2 kit. I will try the dealers next week.
            Lets hope they don't want a King's Ransom for it.
            Around £50 currently

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genui...oAAOSwvSJfgE6a

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
              I wonder what the difference is between this type other than the price

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genui...sAAOSwK9NfgE73

Comment

50ml is the obvious difference (mine is 700ml), maybe size & shape of the bottle as well.
                These compressor kits seem to have changed size & shape over the years, probably to do with what room is left in the boot compartments of various models.
                Ordered my bottle from local Dealer (71102229882) along with a few bits & bobs, same price as Ebay item.
                I'm sure the contents will be the same or similar.
                I have been told that over the years the sealant has improved to the point where tyre fitters can peel it out & repair a puncture instead of scrapping an otherwise good tyre. Don't know if this is true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Howm58 View Post
                  50ml is the obvious difference (mine is 700ml), maybe size & shape of the bottle as well.
                  These compressor kits seem to have changed size & shape over the years, probably to do with what room is left in the boot compartments of various models.
                  Ordered my bottle from local Dealer (71102229882) along with a few bits & bobs, same price as Ebay item.
                  I'm sure the contents will be the same or similar.
                  I have been told that over the years the sealant has improved to the point where tyre fitters can peel it out & repair a puncture instead of scrapping an otherwise good tyre. Don't know if this is true or not.
                  Good to hear they have improved over the years, mini parts appear cheaper by comparison to BMW branded parts

Comment

Working...
                  X