18" Tyre Sizes / Make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18" Tyre Sizes / Make

I may fit a set of 18" alloys to the coupe but unsure on what sizes tyres to fit - any opinions on size and make

wheels are 8.5" wide fronts and 9.5" rear but will be running low offset on fronts to clear BBK

bump, can anyone with 18" alloys recommend brand and sizes?

Comment

I havent got experience with the coupe yet but from what Ive read, 225/40 front and 255/35 rear should be good. I was going to go with michelin pilot 4s. I've bought pilot 4 for the standard 17s as the 4s isnt available. You can go wider on the rear but you may get more tramlining

What 18s are you going for?

Comment

Originally posted by quattro View Post
        I havent got experience with the coupe yet but from what Ive read, 225/40 front and 255/35 rear should be good. I was going to go with michelin pilot 4s. I've bought pilot 4 for the standard 17s as the 4s isnt available. You can go wider on the rear but you may get more tramlining

What 18s are you going for?
        I found an old tyre size guide from AC Schnitzer and they say 225/40/18 fronts and either 265/35/18 or 285/30/18 rears! I think I will go with 265/35/18 rears but looks like PS4 are now PS5 .

Would prefer a tyre like the old Falken 452's which wree undersized compared to Michelins so will have to see whats available these days. AC Schnitzer recommend Michelins or Conti's.

Comment

Didnt tony with the silver one have 285 on the rear of his?
          Are you fitting 18 inch ac schnitzers?
          I read that the ps5 are not the replacement for the ps4s, the ps5 being more geared towards longetivity and comfort, could be wrong

Comment

Didnt tony with the silver one have 285 on the rear of his?
            Are you fitting 18 inch ac schnitzers?
            I read that the ps5 are not the replacement for the ps4s, the ps5 being more geared towards longetivity and comfort, could be wrong
            Yes I think he had 285 Pirelli's, I am going to get my 18" ACS Type III racing refurbished and may fit them to see what they look like.

I read the PS5 is the new PS4 but the new PS5S to replace the 4S isnt out until later this year. I couldn't see 4S's listed in the sizes I need

Comment

What are the widths of the 19s that you have? Are they 8.5 and 9.5?

Comment

What are the widths of the 19s that you have? Are they 8.5 and 9.5?
                Yes 8.5/9.5 wide, fronts are 235/35/19 and rears are 265/30/19 PS4s but they are so much wider and taller than the previous Falken 452 that were fitted so may have to change them .

Comment

The latest version of the fk452 is the fk520. I have the fk510 on another car and theyre definitely slimmer than michelin in the same size. Have a look at the hankook evo, they look to have a slim profile also

If you dont fit the 18s, I could be interested in them

Comment

May also look at Conti's

Comment

So looks like the Michelin PS5s will be out later this year also Conti sport contact 7 which may be an option

Comment

Working...
                      X