Estoril Paint Colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estoril Paint Colour

Hi, my mc is currently at my local garage to have the bonnet resprayed as the colour has faded over the years and has a few too many stone chips.

The paint code for Estoril is 335 and the guy has ordered paint from two different suppliers, each time he has sprayed the bonnet it has turned out too light in colour and not matching the rest of the car. He has now ordered paint from a third supplier and is going to spray it a 3rd time. Fingers crossed this will work.

Any body else has this problem and where did you get the paint from?

Thanks in advance.
    Martin
    1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
    sigpic

The 335/5 paint code covers several different shades so you really need to get your car scanned to get a good match just ordering the code wont work (usually too dark?)

I had mine scanned a few months ago at a local paint supplier but each car will be different,

Comment

Comment

just had the same issue with dakar yellow.orderd the same paint and code as last time(6 years ago) and was a different shade.

Comment

Scanning may well be the answer. I was expecting the colour to be slightly darker but not lighter! Very odd!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Stink View Post
            Scanning may well be the answer. I was expecting the colour to be slightly darker but not lighter! Very odd!
            The later estoril used on current BMW's has a different code I think and is darker compared to the E36/M3 MC/MR colour. I was told the 335/5 code covers at least 6 shades .

Comment

Picking it up tomorrow so we will see !!!!!!
              Garage say it possibly looks slightly darker in certain light
              fingers crossed!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X