New listing Dakar LHD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New listing Dakar LHD

Not a new listing but not sure if this one ever got posted , has been for sale for the last couple of years

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...ake=BMW&page=1

Comment

Comment

This has been for sale on eBay for a while too now and can only assume it’s the same seller.

I moved to Switzerland recently and would be keen on a LHD so I gave them a call. The guy that I spoke to was very typically car-salesman-like, talking a lot but difficult to pin down on specific details.

Obviously he promised it was in fantastic condition however when I asked about rust on the sills his words were “just a bit of surface rust”. I asked what he meant given the sills are behind the sill panels, and he repeated there was very minor surface rust. I asked if he meant bubbling of the paint on the covers or surface rust of the sills themselves behind the covers and he said “no just very light surface rust on the covers”.

I’m not sure what to make of that other than it’s probably BS. Having done a bit of research on the company online it sounds like a lot of suspect cars pass through the business. This one is an import from Japan with zero documentation, not even an import certificate. So as keen as I am to take a look, I don’t fancy the drive up to Keighley, this one just has too many red flags.

If anyone happens to be local and fancies taking a look and reporting back, I’d be fascinated to hear their thoughts. Never know, it could just be a really poor sales pitch.
        motorsure ltd/ ta Motorhub - We have great deals on quality used cars! - Call us on +441535289169 or click here to find out more.

Comment

Used car sales companies in the Keighley / Bradford and surrounding areas do seem to feature a lot on the likes of Rogue Traders and similar programmes...

The particular vendor in question has quite a few news stories associated with them.... eg:

Keighley car dealer ordered to pay £53,000-plus for misleading customers | Keighley News
          Last edited by 137699; 20-06-2022, 03:05 PM.
          ----------------
          David
          1999 M Coupe (S50)
          >>Read my journal here<<
          2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
          2008 Ford Ka Zetec
          2017 Kia Sportage GT-S
          2018 Abarth 595 Turismo
          sigpic

Comment

Jap cars tend to be rust free but it has been up for sale for years and may have just sat on the forecourt? could be a good car though.

Comment

They still can't do adverts correctly, typical cut and paste description from other BMW model write ups as I still haven't found the front/rear electric windows and the computer on my car.
              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
              1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

It’s a good thing that it’s so half-baked as it gives us all a heads up to steer clear. Reading up further on these types of business, apparently they buy and sell stolen imports to launder cash across borders, so you take the added risk that if the vehicle’s ever traced that it may well end up confiscated.

Comment

Supposed to be a Japanese import, but Japan is a RHD market, same as the uk...?
                  ----------------
                  David
                  1999 M Coupe (S50)
                  >>Read my journal here<<
                  2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
                  2008 Ford Ka Zetec
                  2017 Kia Sportage GT-S
                  2018 Abarth 595 Turismo
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X