• New Listing Silver S54 - Collecting cars

New Listing Silver S50 to be auctioned on collecting cars, 86k miles

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...w-z3-m-coupe-5

Comment

Auction now live - 7 days to run

Comment

Up to £20250 with 4 days to run

Comment

Currently at £24750 with just over one day to go.

Comment

Finished at £32,251 plus fees.
            anyone else feel that values have dropped through the floor?
            Attached Files

Comment

Someone got a rare bargain. Piston Heads S54 is closer to the right price for a 90k example.
              Last edited by Mike R; 10-07-2024, 09:01 PM.
              2002 Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue / Black Interior

Comment

Agreed, although interested to see if the Estoril sells at the higher figure.
                S54 M Coupe
                D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

I've said it before but I don't think Collecting Cars is the way to get the best price, albeit the buyer has had to pay nearly £35k for something it's unlikely they have seen in person, let alone test driven and they have zero come back.

It gets the job done fairly quickly I suppose.

I'd much rather go buy something off someone I could see, talk to and take as much time with the car as I wanted. You might pay a few thousand more but you know 100% what you are buying.

I think the estoril car is a touch too high, but it is a dealer and I guess they want at least £5k out of the deal post negotiation.*

*This comes from an S54 owner who has a vested interest in high prices, so I don't think I am being bias.

Comment

https://www.classicheroes.co.uk/bmw-e36-z3-m-coupe

Nice ones still find owners…eventually

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Bmw View Post
                      I've said it before but I don't think Collecting Cars is the way to get the best price, albeit the buyer has had to pay nearly £35k for something it's unlikely they have seen in person, let alone test driven and they have zero come back.

It gets the job done fairly quickly I suppose.

I'd much rather go buy something off someone I could see, talk to and take as much time with the car as I wanted. You might pay a few thousand more but you know 100% what you are buying.

I think the estoril car is a touch too high, but it is a dealer and I guess they want at least £5k out of the deal post negotiation.*

*This comes from an S54 owner who has a vested interest in high prices, so I don't think I am being bias.

From real, recent experience i.can tell you the market is poor at the moment.... My s50 115k miles wont sell at even £20k, and i wont sell for less, also its worth more than 20k asits Its in good condition,.all the big jobs done, HPI clear, bodywork good, FSH.

I have 8 inquiries asking questions only re mostly stuff already in the advert and things re Vanos, bootfloor initial service ..which i responded to.quickly... with photo evidence and zilch people coming to see the car, which i would welcome as my car is as stated

I had 3 offers at joke figures of 15k, twice and 17k without them seeing it and one guy said he can get low mile one for 20000, i told.him to go buy one then.

I see other cars listed at higher miles and poorer conditon and think at the moment they wont be offered that.

i will take it to a car meet at the Beamish this weekend, then get a MOT minor advisory booked in to address and then put it back in storage for another year as i dont need to sell.

I guess a car with 30k miles and in mint condition will always find a buyer at big money 45k to 65k.

I think auctions are the true reflection of the state of the classic car market....at the moment....next year it will improve as interest rates fall.
                      Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Also have Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Mk IV UK Car

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Comment

The Z3 M Coupe values in the past have gone in cycles (I bought mine at a low point in the cycle back in 2012), at the moment it seems that there are a few too many coming on the market (there are still loads SORN'd all year round if you believe the figures on "How Many Left"). This added to the fact that people don't see to have spare cash to run a weekend car like a classic Coupe means values are a bit depressed. Hopefully things will change in the future as they are still a very desirable car going by the reaction we get at Car Shows.
                        Last edited by petecossie; 12-07-2024, 09:02 PM.
                        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                        1986 M635
                        1985 E28 M5
                        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Hi Pete C, I saw your 805 of 821. Do you have a link/ method of determining the same for S54s ? Thanks.

Comment

I've had a few enquires in the past about this information. I originally got the info from some fella in the States back in 2015 who I contacted through Reddit (I think I got link from BimmerForum). He must have been a BMW employee over there I think and have access to BMW production data. I've looked in my old emails and cannot find any correspondence with this fella.

This a copy of section of the info which gives production details.

It is a 805th car made.
                            There were 4 cars made on 2000-06-19
                            The rarest option on your car is the option 502. It was installed on 255 out of 821 cars.
                            There were 35 1998-2000 BMW Z3 M Coupe (CM92) - RHD painted in Cosmos Black Metallic (303) with Black Nappa Leather (Q6SW) interior.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful. I wonder if a helpful parts/sales guy in a BMW dealership would be able to access that sort of information?

Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                            2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                            1986 M635
                            1985 E28 M5
                            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by Mike R View Post
                              Hi Pete C, I saw your 805 of 821. Do you have a link/ method of determining the same for S54s ? Thanks.
                              Details here,

https://www.reddit.com/r/BMW/comment...how_many_were/

Comment

Working...
                              X