No announcement yet.

which wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for Meguairs. I am currently on a bottle of NXT Tech wax but will buy Ultimate next time. As others have said, really fast to apply (whole car in 2 hours). It then makes future washes an absolute doddle (never polish again) and the pooling lasts for at least 6 months even on a car I keep outside under a cover. If the car just gets showered or slightly dusty it cleans up really well with detailing spray.

I havent done the M Coupe with it yet, but plan to do the 5 stage clean (wash, clay, compound, polish, wax) in the long zummer evenings before silverstone. That will take a long time - 1-2 hours per panel, but afterward it's just a quick wax twice per year.

I think it is likely that the concours wax is better, but 80% of the result in 20% of the time is good enough for me right now.

Comment

I mostly use Meguiars #16.

Comment

Hi

+1 for #16 here - one of the best waxes for me. Perhaps a tiny little bit less durable (a week or so) than Collininte but better looking to my eye at least.

As far as the original question - I'd rather go with Glasur - IMHO - same results for less money + probably more durability.
        For the same money, I personally would be rather looking at Swisswax - dedicated Blau-Weiss or Concorso, which goes by he name Best Of Show (BOS) in the UK would be my preference.

But also I'd consider a few boutique-type products- Chemical Guys 50-50 one of my personal favourites, extcellent looks a breeze to use, not so durable, but veeery good for summer.

Also Victoria Wax Concourse Red - stunning on darks plus good durability (I put two layers on my daily car in early August, still there in late October). Lusso Oro is another one.

And there are sealants - Wolf Chemicals Body Wrap (they are about or have just launched improved product) is really great, as well as I'd strongly recommend Meguiars #21 - very underrated product that give excellent look and durability for little money.

Meguiars popular products like NXT or Ultimate Wax, despite being breeze to use and giving arguably decent looks, in my experience all were short-living (ca. 5 weeks or so), so I'd not bother.

A lot of good spoken on Autoglym HD, but I have never used this myself. Back in 2009 I have checked a number of Dodos, both "soft" and "hard" ones, incl Supernatural, but unfortunately these did not won my heart. I hear these are seriously updated since then.

Sorry for long post - I probably don't have same wealth of experience as Offyourmarks or some other guys here, but I'm into this "women's, detailing thing" ;) for more that 10 years and also run a little detailing shop here in Poland and... I really like it :)

You can see a few random photos on the cars I've done here:

http://www.facebook.com/RepublikaBlasku
        Best Regards,

Pawel

Comment

I have used the mequirs/auto glym on old cars and the m coupe.

It is also dependant on colour to which one i prefer (dark or light) as some waxes work alot better on darker coloured cars and some better on light, like silver.

The deep shine auto glym is very good on black, blue, red cars..

But for my silver m coupe i prefer the auto glym HD and the 3 stage pack they do, very good for the ££..

I know with the higher end waxes you can get specific waxes for what shade you have, but I don't want to spend the ££ being a scrouge lol. so +1 for auto glym HD and their 3 stage collection :)
          ///Made for sideways action

Comment

keep reading good reports on the Zymol "Glasur" so will give this a go and post up some pictures,

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
              keep reading good reports on the Zymol "Glasur" so will give this a go and post up some pictures,
              You won't be disappointed! :)
              Best Regards,

Pawel

Comment

Spent ages cleaning my car drying etc...then used the new maguires stuff,not much difference between AG...altho it did buff easier!beads well too..but waxing a Silver car never seems to be that rewarding...car does look bright..but still not much reward for the hardwork!

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                  Spent ages cleaning my car drying etc...then used the new maguires stuff,not much difference between AG...altho it did buff easier!beads well too..but waxing a Silver car never seems to be that rewarding...car does look bright..but still not much reward for the hardwork!
                  try and give the car a few coats of the wax which should give a greater depth of shine

Comment

Ha, I've been waxing mine today and am so glad to hear I'm not the only one disappointed by the lack of a silver car's appreciation for shoulder ache
                    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Dave,this isnt the first waxing...it always seems to be dis.heartening the overall condition of the paint is good...i think it is just Silver cars.

Comment

For silvers (or whites for that matter) I'd go with sealants. To my eyes at least, these pop up nicely metallic flakes and give sort-of overall glass-like bling. This looks really nice on whites and silvers. Much more visible effect than most, if not all waxes.

Wolfgang Chemicals Body Wrap or Meguiars #21 would be the ones I use.
                        Best Regards,

Pawel

Comment

Dave,this isnt the first waxing...it always seems to be dis.heartening the overall condition of the paint is good...i think it is just Silver cars.
                          I thought this too, but then gave my Titanium silver 2 coats of wax in one day, and then in the evening sun it looked amazing.. and under petrol station lights in the forecourt ! It must be the light! lol.
                          ///Made for sideways action

Comment

Originally posted by A.C.1983 View Post
                            Has anyone tried dodo juice?
                            Might give that a go.
                            Really good stuff, easy on and easy off, the supernatural one is as good as Zymol carbon.
                            sigpic

Comment

My Zymol Glasur is nearly empty so thought I would give this a try,

Comment

Autoglym HD Wax. Amazing results but you need a healthy dose of elbow grease too…
                                http://www.autoglym.com/products/pro...definition-wax

For red cars, Dodo Juice Orange Crush Carnuaba Wax…
                                http://www.dodojuice.com/orange-crus...a-car-wax.html
                                S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X