Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reliable paint shop Near Buckinghamshire

Hi everyone

Buzz needs a few areas needing TLC unfortunately the awesome paint guy mnbrennan used has closed it's doors!

I been had twice with a bad painted job for a previous car so I need a proper job done with recommendations please

Prepared to travel to get it right!!!!

Thank you

Stacey

Not sure how far you're prepared to travel but the ONLY place that I will let paint any of my cars are Sandydown Bodyworks nr Stockbridge in Hampshire.
    They have done a fair amount of restoration work on my M Coupe and have also recently done a full restoration for my friend's Z3 Roadster.

Like you I paid multiple times for poor paint jobs - I found Sandydown about 15 years ago and have never used anyone else since.

They're not cheap but there's a reason for that.
    ----------------
    David
    1999 M Coupe (S50)
    >>Read my journal here<<
    2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
    2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
      Not sure how far you're prepared to travel but the ONLY place that I will let paint any of my cars are Sandydown Bodyworks nr Stockbridge in Hampshire.
      They have done a fair amount of restoration work on my M Coupe and have also recently done a full restoration for my friend's Z3 Roadster.

Like you I paid multiple times for poor paint jobs - I found Sandydown about 15 years ago and have never used anyone else since.

They're not cheap but there's a reason for that.
      Thank you for your reply
      Seems all the good ones are your way as iv been recommended
      https://revive-uk.com/territory/basi...gaAuxNEALw_wcB
      zedshed HQ use them for all the Zeds they had in and they have just done a full respray on a Z3M
      I feel soooo nervous choosing but the job has to be right as I don't want a car with every panel a different shade of yellow

Comment

I would never use a mobile guy like Revive unless the paint is localised & going in a non-front-facing zone. Mobile bodyshops use IR or UV to "air cure" the paint which means it cures quickly and leaves you with a lovely looking paint job... BUT.... air cured paint is nowhere near as resilient as oven-cured paint - which means while it looks lovely the first few days after having the job done it'll pick up stone chips & road rash in no time at all - trust me I have been there with mobile paint shops - even "highly recommended" ones.

Only entrust the job to people who will oven-cure the paint. It takes longer & is more expensive as a result. Also you generally won't find curing ovens at cheap bodyshops as the kit takes significant investment in the first place. Sandydown oven cure all their paint - they also use a lacquer that's about 20x more expensive than most other bodyshops - just because it gives a finish that won't chip easily. That's why I won't use anyone else.
        ----------------
        David
        1999 M Coupe (S50)
        >>Read my journal here<<
        2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
        2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Let me know if you get a good recommendation in Bucks. I have had new rear quarters sitting in my garage for nearly a year and my new year's resolution is to get them fitted and a full respray!

I have been recommended Hanson's in High Wycombe in the past, but haven't ever used them...

Edit: And Fletcher's in High Wycombe have also been recommended - they have worked on an MCoupe in the past (see their website). Again - I haven't used them myself. https://www.fletchers-bodyshop.com/
          Last edited by Knightrider; 24-12-2021, 01:17 PM.
          '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

I used Spraytec in Bath very recently. It’s quite out of your way but the guys there couldn’t have been more professional and the prices were very fair.

Comment

I need a good painter aswell, appears they are not so easy to find anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X