Engine bay clean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine bay clean

Spent a little time today cleaning up the engine by using auto glym products quite happy with the progress.

https://ibb.co/FXTbSpS

That looks very clean. Top work
    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Need to do this with mine at some point...

A while back there was someone offering repainted rocker covers on a sale and return basis. Anyone know if this is still available - my cover could do with some tidying up...
        '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Originally posted by Knightrider View Post
          Need to do this with mine at some point...

A while back there was someone offering repainted rocker covers on a sale and return basis. Anyone know if this is still available - my cover could do with some tidying up...
          You can get good results with spray satin black if the covers aren't too bad and you wont run the risk of contamination either from sand blasting grit or powder coat itself which can clog and destroy engines
          Last edited by Dave P; 04-03-2022, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post

You can get good results with spray satin black if the covers aren't too bad and you wont run the risk of contamination either from sand blasting grit or powder coat itself which can clog and destroy engines
            Presumably with the cover removed from the car? Probably a dumb question, but do I needs new gaskets etc. to refit afterwards?
            '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Presumably with the cover removed from the car? Probably a dumb question, but do I needs new gaskets etc. to refit afterwards?
              You can easily remove the coil pack cover but leave the main cam cover insitu otherwise you will need a new rubber gasket

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post

You can easily remove the coil pack cover but leave the main cam cover insitu otherwise you will need a new rubber gasket
                Will give it a try at some point. I guess spray the whole rocker cover then use fine grit paper on the lettering to restore the silver?

Comment

Will give it a try at some point. I guess spray the whole rocker cover then use fine grit paper on the lettering to restore the silver?
                  Yes, sandpaper on a block of wood

Comment

Working...
                  X