Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Assist with sale Prices and prices in general.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Assist with sale Prices and prices in general.

Hi All. As a new owner of an MC, one dilemma I found was am I paying to much... is it overpriced ?
    Im sure based on recent post's ,sellers also have the similar issue -
    Am I asking to little or am I asking to much.
    Well, I became aware of a site that did help me. albeit these are auction prices so if you are buying retail or private - then you are not buying blind. As these are at an auction prices - the prices will or should be lower.

The info on this link - has lots of good detail - and a range of milage/condition/years . please note that some have not hit the reserve - so did not sell. Anyway please use this link - and scroll down below all the adds and other marketing( minimal ads at the mo -but sometimes lots). enjoy the research. PS this is all public info, you just needed to be made aware of it.

cheers Tony
    At Glenmarch we are the no.1 online resource for classic car auctions, showing classic cars for sale dating back to 2015.
    Last edited by Rustydog; 30-04-2022, 07:07 PM.
    99 BMW Z3MC

Having bought recently and also having been a previous owner I formed a view to pricing that there are 3 price bands ...
    1) collector cars - s54 or s50 mint condition and.low.miles price 50k ish
    2) very good condition, nothing needs doing, £35K to £45k

3) cars that are OK but need some jobs doing, i.shopped in the category, I had a budget of over.£30k and bought at £22k, the car is in good condition but i will spend 6k over next 2 years to make it into the car I want including suspension refreshing, leather colouring redone and..bits of paint , then bits of future refreshing of parts albeit nothing like Dave P. My point is that if you looking to.buy in this category expect the prices to vary widely from £20k to £35k as it is very much condition based so use this forum as your reference checklist if unsure.

These cars are iconic and will not go down in price but for every person who claims they would buy one typicall
    y buys an audi s something or.a.bmw 1,.2.,.3 serise modern box.

Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Also have Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Mk IV UK Car

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Comment

Very useful site thanks
      S54 M Coupe
      D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Good points on the category. I would add a caveat to the category 1. cars - and this is not exclusive to the z3 mc btw but other 'similar' classic sports cars of the era, but the top end tends to demand original and mint. If one is not original, then it drops to category 2 or more likely 3. Personally, having owned for 12 years now, there is so much to gain from moving away from original - better brakes, suspension, intake and so on, even an updated head unit is IMHO necessary, to make the car actually useable and enjoyable, any long term owner and driver, I'm thinking, would have struggled to keep theirs original. Point being, a bit like the post by the seller who bought at 71k and is selling at 191k, you cannot keep a car like this running well without taking care of it, so that car, will be a good buy. The mint and original must be getting very rare now - and probably not driven.
        Last edited by Bruski_11; 02-05-2022, 06:06 AM. Reason: grammar!

Comment

Z3M Coupe prices have surprised me a bit over the last 4 years for a couple of reasons;

- I don't think they have increased massively. The big change seemed to happen between 2015-2018 if I recall correctly.
          - z3m roadster prices have really crept up on Coupe prices.

The entire market has been pushed up by lack of new car supply, so typically everything has gone up by about 10%, but M coupes seem to have stagnated in that time?

I actually think they are due a correction in the upward direction soon (3-6 years). E30 M3s took a while to get going, we all remember them at £6-10k right? It wasn't that long ago, and the age gap between them and Z3Ms is around 10 years.

Look at BMW Z8s, a more plentiful supplied car and to be fair a bigger RRP when new. They are now £150k + and they still have the issues that bestowed them from new, not too dissimilar from the Z3M. Why?

The Z3M in Coupe guise is lower build numbers than the Z8 or the e30 M3 (although LOTS got written off, rusted etc).

-Motorsport, normally aspirated engine
          -Manual Gearbox
          -Fun
          -People who lusted after them when they were new, now have money to buy one
          -Quirky looks
          -Rare (the s54 version of both Coupe and Roadster must be BMWs lowest ever production run of any car!)

I think its time is coming. I reckon the very best cars could breach 100k mainly due their rarity. Every other low volume (either by original build numbers, or remaining on the road) special Bmw has. Am I wrong?

Now what to do with my s54? I have had it for 10 years now. Do I keep it another 3-6 years or sell and put the money in something else fun that might go up (996 911 turbo?).

Here is the prices I noted in April 2022 for prosperity (I can look back and sob if I sell it this year!);

Comment

I think M Coupes have always been undervalued especially S50's which may be in due in part to the hype in the States over the S54 model which got a big increase in power over the US S52.

Traders in UK dont do themselves any favours when selling these cars by saying how great and improved the S54 was and then get stuck selling S50's.

The E30 M3 prices are eyewatering when you consider the way they actually drive but they do still look fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
              I think M Coupes have always been undervalued especially S50's which may be in due in part to the hype in the States over the S54 model which got a big increase in power over the US S52.

Traders in UK dont do themselves any favours when selling these cars by saying how great and improved the S54 was and then get stuck selling S50's.

The E30 M3 prices are eyewatering when you consider the way they actually drive but they do still look fantastic.
              Agree with this, the difference between our s50 engined cars and the s54 in minimal, very very little, but the American version of the s50 the difference is massive!

Comment

Dave, I quite agree. A UK s50 is practically the same thing, their higher UK build numbers is the only real thing that I see as being responsible for the price difference. With most classic cars, the earliest cars become the most valuable as presumably they become the rarest, I guess the M Coupe has bucked that trend. As a driving proposition, either version is absolutely fine.

I actually think its odd that the roadsters are priced the way they are, I think I would be sorely disappointed if I had spent £25k+ on a roadster. Sorry roadster owners, but they are very different! I remember when roadsters could be had for £4-6k for something a bit ropey. £10k yes, 25, no thanks! Their pricing has definitely been dragged up by the Coupe. If the Coupe didn't exist, no one is paying £25k for a roadster. You'd buy a £15k m3 instead.

I have this feeling that, once they get to 25years old, and they can be imported to the USA, all the prices are going to get dragged up. At 25 years old, you start to hit that sweet spot of people who wanted one when they were young, but had no money to buy one, now being able to afford it. Its also of an era when its a proper motorsport engine, manual gearbox and not turbocharged like the 05> m3's etc.

I had mine out today, in the sun, its a car you can just look and admire. It goes alright as well!
                Last edited by Jon_Bmw; 13-05-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X