Wanted - door glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted - door glass

Does anyone have either L/R or both door glass lying around in decent condition before I go to bmw?

Thanks in advance

John

I think the left side is no longer available new. 51328399015
    Last edited by Dave P; 29-03-2024, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Pity the roadster windows aren't the same as the Coupe as there are a couple of lads on zroadster site that are always breaking cars.
      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
      1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Thanks Dave.

It’s a bit scary to think a broken side window could put the car out of action.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterMiller View Post
          Thanks Dave.

It’s a bit scary to think a broken side window could put the car out of action.
          Yes its not good. I wonder if Pilkington or similar will offer glass in the future?

https://www.pilkington.com/en-gb/uk/...dels?make=bmw#

Comment

Can’t remember which program it was either Wheeler Dealers or Cars SOS (maybe the Classic car refurb show fronted by that Welsh guy) but they went to glass windscreen manufacturing firm somewhere up here in North East where they made a replacement windscreen from scratch for a classic car. Maybe someone on here remembers about it.
            Of course it won’t be cheap but something like that might be the only option.
            Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
            1985 E28 M5
            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Pete, i think they went.to Tyneside Safety Glass in Gateshead who made a bespoke windscreen with heater element. I think they can make most things
              https://www.tynesidesafetyglass.com/...minated-glass/
              Last edited by markolambo; 27-03-2024, 08:33 PM.
              Z3M Estoril blue s50 ...

Also have Toyota Supra Twin Turbo Mk IV UK Car

Previously Z3M s50 coupe silver black leather, HIDS, schnitzer pedals, cruise control....2 replacement engines, vanos exploded and engine flooded and written off...

Comment

Originally posted by markolambo View Post
                Pete, i think they went.to Tyneside Safety Glass in Gateshead who made a bespoke windscreen with heater element. I think they can make most things
                https://www.tynesidesafetyglass.com/...minated-glass/
                MasterMiller it wouldn't harm to give them a ring to see if they could help in any way.
                Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I would rather have original even if scratched BMW glass than reproduction glass which will never be 100% the same colour.

Comment

I would agreed with you, however it depends on the situation really if the glass is damaged/broken and it renders the car unusable as mentioned earlier in the thread then it maybe the only option if OEM glass is not available.
                    Looking on the site I use for checking spare parts the item looks to be still available. Taken the details from site and put below:-

3 Side window green right (51328399016)

parts group RB weight 4.70 kg

SIDE WINDOW GREEN RIGHT
                    Teilegruppe Body Equipment Stick-on label
                    BMW Genuine Part 51 32 8 399 016 Product 51-32-8-399-016 Manufacturer number 8 399 016 supply number 8-399-016

installation location: Body Equipment/ Stick-On Label

£ 434.64
                    Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                    1985 E28 M5
                    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Thanks Pete,

Both windows are just scratched. Im not sure if it’s because of particles of dirt inside the door/ seals which have scratched them over time from putting windows up and down. But I only really noticed them after I’d had the car detailed a few years ago and the detailer subcontracted a dent guy to take out a couple of car park dings. I suspected maybe hes caused the damage but not sure.

Anyway I can live with it, and if bmw do still have both windows available that’s great, just not cheap.

Like you said the custom glass would certainly be better option than a bin bag if a window was broken. I have no plans to sell so if the custom glass colour was a bit off I wouldn’t mind.

Cheers

Comment

Worth checking with your local dealer as I believe at least one side of the door glass is NLA

Comment

Checked with my dealer and left side is NLA (015) but they have 43x 016 in Germany. I bought both sides about 12 months ago and paid around £280 plus vat each side but not sure if they have gone up since.

Comment

Working...
                          X