2015/2016 Event Ideas for Coupe meet -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015/2016 Event Ideas for Coupe meet -

Anyone have any idea's for a large scale forum meet in 2015, something other than Silverstone Classic or Gaydon?

I guess there are two choices, either pick a prior organised meet eg Goodwood or pick a location. The problem with the latter is what do you do, the problem with the former is the cost and ease of parking together etc

Could almost do with meeting at somewhere like a car museum, Beaulieu, Donington museum, easy to park but also something to do, organise a tour?
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Donnington is a good central venue.

Comment

Donnington - It is where the last record meet was held (67 cars) back in 2005. It was part of a day of GT car racing with two teams entering race prepared Z3MCs. We had a separate area to line up all the cars (pics in gallery), tour round the pits and a lap of the circuit.
        It is probably the most central location with the best facilities. Need to pick the right race meeting with some good cars to go and watch, plus there is also a great museum to look round.
        I'd be up for it.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Beaulieu have a German car show each year, think May/June time.

Its a smallish event (couple of hundred cars when I attended a few years ago) but a great location. Far from UK central though.
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

I know not specifically coupe related but over on zroadster.org Duncan is organising for us to go on the London to Brighton Rally which I think will be a fantastic event and great if we could get some of you coupe guys involved.

Here is a link to the thread enquiring about interest;

https://zroadster.org/threads/london...terested.5641/

For those of you who do not know Duncan he is the chap that has organised the Zedfest at Silverstone for the past few years and is usually very meticulous in his organisation so I am sure this will be as ever a very well organised event for us all and a great oportunity to revel in all the nostalgia of this event.
            Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
            ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Donington sounds like a good possibility

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                I know not specifically coupe related but over on zroadster.org Duncan is organising for us to go on the London to Brighton Rally which I think will be a fantastic event and great if we could get some of you coupe guys involved.

Here is a link to the thread enquiring about interest;

https://zroadster.org/threads/london...terested.5641/

For those of you who do not know Duncan he is the chap that has organised the Zedfest at Silverstone for the past few years and is usually very meticulous in his organisation so I am sure this will be as ever a very well organised event for us all and a great oportunity to revel in all the nostalgia of this event.
                I added a link on here a couple of weeks ago Ian. 3 of us registered so far
                http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17248
                1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                  Donington sounds like a good possibility
                  Yep, sounds good. I'm in!
                  1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

I'd be interested too
                    S54 M Coupe
                    D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Donnington

is a good spot depends whats on.

Goodwood festival of speed is great but its bloody miles away

needs to be where there's something on where we can park away from the door dingers and a focal point where we can meet up

what about that thing that chris evans organises ??? cat remember the name

if its central we could get a decent sized meet with more northerners and jocks coming down.
                      don't know if the southerners would go past Watford though

Ah I remember now Car fest any one been before ?
                      [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

I understand that the air is thinner north of Watford, so portable oxygen required.

Might not be true of course!!
                        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Problem with car fest (North or South) is the cost which may put some people off as I think is the same problem with Silverstone Classic?

Comment

I propose Dave's house where we have a garage sale of his 3,247 spare parts

OK, actually Donington sounds like a great location.
                            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Yep I can see what your saying but it needs to be something to keep you occupied all day.
                              for that you will pay

we could meet up for a blast around the lakes but would people travel for that im not sure

what about this

http://www.barbonhillclimb.co.uk/
                              [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Working...
                              X