100,000 miles coming up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100,000 miles coming up.

Well two more tank fulls and the 100k will be coming up.
    Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
    1986 M635
    1985 E28 M5
    1983 E28 528i Alpina

Originally posted by petecossie View Post

Comment

Keep it up matey.

115k here.
      S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

millage

god im embarrassed ive only done about 10 000 miles in the last 10 years,not had much chance to use,going to give it a good run over the top of blakey rigde to pickering over the weekend.
        Stoney

Comment

Bring it in with a donut or a huge power slide.....
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
            Bring it in with a donut or a huge power slide.....
            very good

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
              Pete's impending 100k started me thinking, what are the highest milers that we know of (didn't someone say recently they've done 200k?) . Because of investment value, it's all too easy to focus on low miles but there must be some zmc's out there that have effectively been to the moon and back!
              ..and then I wondered how long these cars could go on without a mechanically competent person owning them. I'm tempted to hold onto mine but apart from the annual trip to the garage ( service / MOT and anything they spot ) it doesn't get any maintenance. From those of you with more experience of the cars than me, how resilient are they in old age and what things should I be looking out for?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZ View Post
                Pete's impending 100k started me thinking, what are the highest milers that we know of (didn't someone say recently they've done 200k?) . Because of investment value, it's all too easy to focus on low miles but there must be some zmc's out there that have effectively been to the moon and back!
                ..and then I wondered how long these cars could go on without a mechanically competent person owning them. I'm tempted to hold onto mine but apart from the annual trip to the garage ( service / MOT and anything they spot ) it doesn't get any maintenance. From those of you with more experience of the cars than me, how resilient are they in old age and what things should I be looking out for?
                228K now, car had just over 20K when I bought it in 2005. My indy said they are amazed by the condition, only way you can tell the mileage is by looking at the oddo and (vast) service history.
                Car drives just as well as it ever has done, no specific age issues to highlight really. That said, anything that has needed replacing has been replaced over the years and fluids (especially oil) are changed regularly. Car always treated with "mechanical sympathy" especially get oil up to temp before exceeding 3K revs. Most importantly, get the car out of its garage regularly and drive it!
                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

108k here, a happy medium I think, used enough and with a good history to have no worries about it mechanically but not low enough miles to worry about the 'investment potential' that I'll be ruining by having a very regular good old out in it

And well done Ian ^^^ I'd love to be able to hold onto a car for 200k! Unfortunately I'm too fickle, too many great cars out there and not enough garage space!

Comment

I understand what you mean benny-g. My view is that the supercar performance, good looks, uniqueness, reliability and reasonable cost of ownership is impossible to replicate with anything else under say £100K - porkers, Astons etc are so common now!! I might consider exchanging for a well restored FHC early E type or perhaps a TR5, but the cost differential doesn't warrant it at present.
                    Those of us who own a MC are fortunate and we should consider ourselves lucky to have got in at the right time. The price of joining this "club" will be much higher in the future - so ends my Easter sermon!!
                    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

@136K now and going strong

Comment

Im nudging the 23k mark. It's only just run in!

Went out for the first blast of the year at the weekend and could not get the smile off my face! Wish I could afford another one with higher mileage so that I could use it more often without the worry of impacting value.

Unfortunately, or should that be fortunately, I did buy for investment purposes. I appreciate this makes me the Devil incarnate to most on this forum, but it's a lot more fun to own than stocks and shares!!!
                        2002 Z3M S54 in LSB

Comment

Originally posted by chagac View Post

Went out for the first blast of the year at the weekend and could not get the smile off my face! Wish I could afford another one with higher mileage so that I could use it more often without the worry of impacting value.

Unfortunately, or should that be fortunately, I did buy for investment purposes. I appreciate this makes me the Devil incarnate to most on this forum, but it's a lot more fun to own than stocks and shares!!!
                          What a shame. I wrote off the cost of mine years ago.

Comment

These cars are for driving not stroking.

BlueZ was interested in knowing about resilience of high milers...

Comment

Originally posted by chagac View Post

Oh come on matey - you could easily add 20k to that and not really affect it's value I'd have thought. If we end up with a meet this year, you better come down, we can see what difference 100k makes to the same car.
                              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Working...
                              X