Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you buy for your M Coupe today......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered new rear wings for both sides - £500 each

I'm sure they were ~£350 each last time I checked...
    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

New security bolts for my OEM roof bars

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3143.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	253614 Fitted a Voltmeter as my clock keeps losing time its become a bit useless so thought Id change it.
        Last edited by Dave P; 19-01-2023, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Steering wheel https://youtu.be/-v-YpTOQ1Yw

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3150.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	253616 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3151.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	253617 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_3152.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	253618 Upgraded the headunit to a Blaupunkt 46 Bremen unit for a retro look.
            I think it fits to period. I also upgraded the front components which are running off a small amplifier fitted under the glove box. And finally I couldn't resist putting a small sub woofer behind the passenger seat.
            Not sure if the pictures have uploaded properly so apologies in advance!
            Last edited by Dave P; 19-01-2023, 05:48 PM.
            ---------

S50 (2000) Z3MC Oxford Green
            993 (1995) Aventurine Green
            E9 (1974) Just VeryVery Rusty

Comment

Comment

That Blaupunkt unit is an impressive bit of kit from what I have read.
                Thought long & hard about fitting the same to mine until I read that aftermarket units don't connect to the optional HK amp system so I fitted an original BMW unit instead and very glad I did as the sound quality improvement over the Sony system fitted was night & day!
                ----------------
                David
                1999 M Coupe (S50)
                >>Read my journal here<<
                2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
                2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

I like the Blaupunkt although I'd argue it's more of a mid to late 80's thing, maybe early 90's. The original was standard fit on the Audi Quattro, Porsche 911 etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 137699 View Post
                    Thought long & hard about fitting the same to mine until I read that aftermarket units don't connect to the optional HK amp system so I fitted an original BMW unit instead and very glad I did as the sound quality improvement over the Sony system fitted was night & day!
                    I have an aftermarket head unit connected to the HK amp in mine - works fine!
                    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Originally posted by Knightrider View Post
                      I have an aftermarket head unit connected to the HK amp in mine - works fine!
                      I think it depends on which headunit you have and which wiring harness you use. The previous owner fitted a very expensive Sony unit in mine and it sounded utter bobbins despite the HK system. A bit of research led me to conclude that because of the aftermarket headunit that the amp was likely not powering up. So I popped in a BMW CD43 instead and hey presto - the sound quality was awesome.

Back on thread.... I picked up these today - getting the backend rebuilt in a few weeks so these will go on then...

----------------
                      David
                      1999 M Coupe (S50)
                      >>Read my journal here<<
                      2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
                      2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Diff cover mounting bush + fixing hardware (£210), and bonnet earthing strap (£23). Not my most exciting purchases but it'll be good to get the diff bush swapped out for a new item.

The car is driving so well and is obviously loving these cold dry mornings
                        Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Trim caps large and small

Comment

Going to dealers tomorrow to order a pair of new outer sill covers plus a a few odds & sods, attachment screws etc. Any others bits I need to order?
                            Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                            2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                            1986 M635
                            1985 E28 M5
                            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Ordered the sill covers plus a bunch of screws, clips etc from the dealers (Vertu BMW - formerly Cooper BMW) today, should be in by the end of the week. Car going into my Indy for a service on Thursday and they are going to remove the sill covers at the same time so I can work on the inner sills when I get it back home. Looks like I'll have to finally start a progress journal after having the car for 8 years!!!
                              Last edited by petecossie; 27-04-2021, 10:02 AM.
                              Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                              2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                              1986 M635
                              1985 E28 M5
                              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                                Going to dealers tomorrow to order a pair of new outer sill covers plus a a few odds & sods, attachment screws etc. Any others bits I need to order?
                                You could check condition of air ducts that sit in front of rear wheels also jacking supports

Comment

Working...
                                X