Z3m s50 front discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z3m s50 front discs

Hi all, need to change my front discs, s50 coupe. Lots of talk about floating OEM discs being best, but are pricey, are there any aftermarket as good as discs, or better? I don’t use it for track days mainly infrequent sunny days but do enjoy stopping without hitting things :) any suggestions, thanks, Dave

I’ve got Brembo discs fitted to mine. They stop me just fine. Some pics on my journal here: https://www.mcoupe.co.uk/forum/forum...ge5#post295200
    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Thanks Ian, your coupe looks Like it’s brand new underneath, I was pleased with mine, but yours looks brand new. Great work

Comment

My mechanic told me to go for Pagid. I got them on eurocarparts

Comment

I always go for bog standard "OEM" quality discs (also use Pagid) but spend the money on decent pads.
          I am known for driving my cars hard & doing the odd track day and £ for £ you're better off investing in pads than disks.

My pad of choice is the Ferodo DS2500 which I have never yet been able to provoke fade in.... Awesome stopping power.
          ----------------
          David
          1999 M Coupe (S50)
          >>Read my journal here<<
          2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
          2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Thanks guys, I’m not sure which discs, but my mechanic seems to the ATE I think he said, he’s an old Mercedes technician and I think they made the discs on mercs. I will check out the pads you mentioned. Thanks again

Comment

Try and get "floating" discs as per OEM spec

Comment

Has anyone any experience of Reyland discs? They were mentioned on another forum as they do floating discs that could be mounted on OEM brake bells which they will even do the assembly for you.

www.reyland.co.uk/discs/
                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I have Reyland jhook discs on my M2 and they seem good. More expensive than oe bmw but they seem to be coping better (no judder/vibration when hot).

ATE floating discs seem fine on my M Coupe, not strictly OE but made to oe spec. I think you should get floating discs if for authenticity and looks if nothing else. These cars are retaining value so should have a little extra spent on them (single piece discs behind the wheel let it down for me).

Comment

Thanks for input guys, c3bmw do Bmw front discs for £175 each, original floating discs which are as cheap as I can find ATE OE spec who are the manufacturer of the original BMW disc. Probably going this route, keep it original !

Comment

Original discs are made by a company called SHW I think - these are the ones with the M logo on the bell.

Comment

Comment

Well I won’t argue with you Dave, thought it was ATE but am obviously wrong, C3bmw not badly priced discs tho :)

Comment

The oe z3m by shw have a nice honed finish

Comment

Working...
                            X