New headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New headlights

Has anyone recently enquired how much a new set of headlights are?

I assume you can still get them….

2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

If you’re sitting down….

£855.67 EACH, yes, EACH, plus VAT! £2053.61 for the pair….I think I like them cloudy
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Buy a 3m kit and give them a polish

Comment

I had mine polished and then paint protection film wrapped over the lenses - this not only gives protection to the finish, but also makes them less likely to shatter if a stone hits them.
        Still looking good a year on....
        ----------------
        David
        1999 M Coupe (S50)
        >>Read my journal here<<
        2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
        2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

I’ve used one of the 3M kits before, probably 4/5 years ago and they’ve gone very yellow/hazy again.

The idea of polishing and protecting with a film sounds interesting. Did you wrap them yourself?

Comment

I think the kits have resolved this problem and now most come with some sort of protection to apply to the polished lens

Meguiars also offer a kit,

https://www.meguiars.com/automotive/...-kit-g2970-kit

Comment

Mine came with some kind of fluid to put on after the polish, which wasn’t easy to apply evenly and hasn’t lasted that well either

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                The idea of polishing and protecting with a film sounds interesting. Did you wrap them yourself?
                I had my car in for Paint Protection Film on the front bumper & rear arches after having the car painted last year. The guy that did it noticed the headlamps starting to suffer so asked me if he'd like me to polish & wrap them at the same time. Seemed a good idea and he didn't even charge any extra (we'd agreed a price for "cash" before I arrived).

Last edited by 137699; 08-11-2021, 09:26 PM.
                ----------------
                David
                1999 M Coupe (S50)
                >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

That’s what they should look like?!

They look great. Have you changed one of the lamps/projector or whatever it’s called?

Comment

Yes - though not personally. I bought these lamps from an ex-Z3 Roadster owner who had done a xenon conversion on them.
                    This is a photo of what they looked like before polishing & wrapping - not too bad but you can see the haze starting to form - looks like condensation but there was no wiping if off!

----------------
                    David
                    1999 M Coupe (S50)
                    >>Read my journal here<<

Comment

They look good. I’d seen a write up on it, probably on Zroadster about it

Will look into it next year now

Comment

Working...
                      X