Windscreen cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen cost?

The windscreen on my s54 is scratched and pitted, it’s ok for the MOT but not 100% clear so I’d like to change it. Has anybody changed a screen recently? What sort of money is it going to cost?
    thank you in advance.

I think they are around £450/£500 from BMW plus fitting

Comment

You got windscreen cover on your insurance ? Would be a shame if a rock bounced off the back of a lorry and broke it? Would only cost your 50-100 excess

Comment

I had my windscreen replaced after it cracked during a cold spell in 2017, went to get the car out of the garage and huge crack across the screen. Contacted my insurance company (Manning at the time) and the options were to either go to local Autoscreen/Autoglass and get a non OEM screen fitted (excess £60) or to get OEM screen fitted myself (excess £100) and claim costs back.
        I wanted to keep to OEM parts so contacted local dealer and got OEM screen with green band across the top, new seal and fitting kit. Total costs £464 for parts and £228 for fitting + VAT worked out at £831
        You have to ensure that the right Coupe seal is ordered as some people have had new screens installed with Roadster seals installed which do not blend into the roof rails. This has been covered on the Forum in the past a few years ago, I think it was Rags who had this seal problem. I would think it would cost well over £1K now to do the same it OEM screen required.

Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Looks like the windscreen seal has jumped up again and is over £300 part number 51718399109 , if your lucky the old seal will be reuseable but as Pete says if a new

seal is needed make sure its the correct Coupe part which is different to the roadster seal

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_3638

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_2820

Comment

Working...
          X