09 Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09 Plates

5 days in and I havent seen a single 09 plate car/van/lorry/motorbike/scooter/invalid mobile(!!), has anyone spotted many yet?
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

No not a single one !
    Ex 2001 S54
    New cars:
    Lotus Carlton
    350Z

Comment

Spotted 3 this past week, but as rare as they have been ever, I reckon.I would not wish to be selling cars or houses at present, the interior design / furniture trade is suffering enough as it is.
      JKE11Y

Comment

Only seen the one, in the work car park.

Anyone know what happens to the reg plates in 2010?

Comment

Originally posted by EDZ3MC View Post
          Only seen the one, in the work car park.

Anyone know what happens to the reg plates in 2010?
          Not sure! I'm not sure the person who invented this "new style" of plates thought that far ahead. Neither am I sure why they decided on adding a "5" to denote the 2nd half of the year. Maybe they will just change to "10" for all year. Would make more sense IMO. I know dealers welcomed the twice-yearly plate changes as it meant not everything sold on August 1st.

Comment

They chose to start the mid year registrations with fifty so that the number of years without overlapping is maximised whilst still keeping a consistent year designation (i.e. the second digit 0'1' or 5'1'). I believe in 2010 the start year registration will change to 10 and the mid year to 60. Working that way we get 50 years without needing to change the format and still with direct relevance to the year of registration - the second digit for both yearly registrations and the first digit minus fifty for the mid year registration. All the way through to 99.

If they started at 01 and went to 02 mid year, for example, there would be no way of easily equating reg number to year after a while. It's a bit of a brain bender but makes perfect sense when you think about it

Comment

saw 4 up my way but talked to the dealer today and they are desperate for second hand cars as no one is buying new and trading in so suppose it helps second hand values a lot as he said a 20k 2nd hand car end last year dipped to 15 and now selling at 17.5 k so looks like the used market is good

Comment

seen 6 up in west yorkshire, looks like we're doing well here.
                In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.

Comment

I wouldn't go that far

Comment

Prices of preowned cars are on the Up Up

Due to very few newly registered cars, SH stock is going up in value over and above book values, in some cases at auctions x £2K +.for some dealers its the only way to survive.
                    safetyfast

Comment

seen loads, all of them in surrey to be honest

Comment

Thats it, dont think we can have as much money in the Midlands as those Surrey folk!!
                        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Not seen any then spotted 2 audi's today. A TT & A6 Avant.

Comment

My 09 plate Scirocco arrived yesterday. Wife says it looks like a larger ZM Coupe.

MC now in "semi retirement".
                            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Scirocco looks fantastic on the road, almost concept-car like. The rear 3/4 view in particular is great. Looks like quite a wide car too.

Comment

Working...
                              X