Thinking of selling...but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of selling...but..

So for the last few months I've been thinking that I'll put the ZMC up for sale around easter this year. In prep for a sale I had the air con serviced yesterday (pro Aircon, not Kwikfit!) and took her into Munich Legends for the Oil Service, brake fluid and coolant change.

Then on the drive home I found myself wondering if I really wanna sell the car or not. I drive it so little these days that I surprised myself at just how good the damn car is.

Really don't know what to do, I've only covered 1500 miles since the last MOT in May. What do I do? Keep or sell?

FYI, it's Dale's old car and I've owned her for just over 3 years.

Depends on your circumstances and desires I guess.

Never selling mine!!
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

I would say that if you have any doubts in your mind, can afford to do so and still enjoy it, keep it.

The MC is my second/ third car (including my wife's) and I did less than 2000 miles in mine last year but enjoyed every one of them. It is all about quality not necessarily quantity.

With prices as they are unless you have something better in mind to replace it with I would hold on to it
      S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

gurka North East

My friend be assured I have drove and owned just about everything Im 54 going on 55 I only bought my first ZM Coupe 2 years ago In my opinion they are the best car on the planet, nothing comes close I dont care how much money you spend. I like them that much i have just puchased my second one.Its a black z Coupe 28 auto yes auto from Japan for my wife of course. Anyone know if any more autos out there?

kind Regards

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. Where are you based?

I suspect that a lot of 2.8 automatics were made for the US market.
          Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

The M Coupe was not made with an auto box!
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by gurka View Post
              My friend be assured I have drove and owned just about everything Im 54 going on 55 I only bought my first ZM Coupe 2 years ago In my opinion they are the best car on the planet, nothing comes close I dont care how much money you spend. I like them that much i have just puchased my second one.Its a black z Coupe 28 auto yes auto from Japan for my wife of course. Anyone know if any more autos out there?

kind Regards
              There was a silver LHD auto 2.8 coupe at the Goodwood Revival last year. I'll try and dig out a pic.

Comment

But he did not buy an ///M coupe.........

There was no auto options for the ///M cars but there was for the rest of the Z3 range including all of the non ///M coupes. As implied above the biggest market by far for the Z3 was the USA and there is no way they would not offer an auto option for that market ;-)
                VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Sure he says 2.8 auto guys.

Welcome to the forum

Comment

To answer the original question......

You wont find a faster, rarer - more unique car with minimal depreciation and cheaper running costs per BHP for under £20k on the planet, other than a Z3 MCoupe....

Long live the King.......
                    Sytners BMW-Steel Grey S54-Red/Black Leather-Totally Standard.....

Comment

That's quite a bold statement.

Comment

It is a bold statement. I reckon the car will go up for sale at the start of the summer, but only if I'm in a position to replace it with something worthy of following the ZMC. That kinda means a 997S or better.....let the gods of £ decide :)

Comment

I must say I've been looking at Maserati 3200 GT recently, especially the assetto corsa. Very tempting, but massive running costs, and still love the MC. We'll see.
                          2000, S50 Titanium Silver, ACS gearnob, handbrake, shortshift, Essienman exhaust, Carbon airbox.

Comment

Originally posted by caferaca View Post
                            I must say I've been looking at Maserati 3200 GT recently, especially the assetto corsa. Very tempting, but massive running costs, and still love the MC. We'll see.
                            A mate of mine bought a 3200 for £12k and spent £6k in the first year on the electrics alone.

They are great cars but the running costs can be massive. Not a problem, provided you're prepared for it!

Comment

I've toyed with the idea of a 3200GT or even a Gransport but everytime I scrathc the surface of running costs I end up running away. They cost a fortune to run for no apparent reason so I could never justify owning one.

Comment

Working...
                              X