X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new versus old seat belt pre tensioners,

Comment

• Comment

• After chasing an oil leak which looked to be coming from the chain tensioner it was actually from the vanos and running down a solenoid wire and dripping on the top of

the tensioner so I replaced the covers O ring which made no difference so now fitted a new cover and another new O ring. Fingers crossed this will fix the leak.

Part number 11361401845 cover and 11311317730 O ring

Last edited by Dave P; 30-07-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• As per the Donington thread I took part in the BMW car club national concours and came runner up in the elite class so pretty chuffed

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                        That was one thing that disappointed me the plaque/plate hadn’t been polished before it was presented to you. I talked with Bernie that I’m sure it won’t belong before it gets the “treatment” by Dave. Pleased to see that it looks to have polished to within a inch of its life.

Well done Dave, the car does you credit in the quality of work you have put into it.
                        Last edited by petecossie; 08-08-2022, 03:54 PM.
                        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                        1986 M635
                        1985 E28 M5
                        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

• Originally posted by petecossie View Post

That was one thing that disappointed me the plaque/plate hadn’t been polished before it was presented to you. I talked with Bernie that I’m sure it won’t belong before it gets the “treatment” by Dave. Pleased to see that it looks to have polished to within a inch of its life.

Well done Dave, the car does you credit in the quality of work you have put into it.
                          Thanks Pete, the plate is in poor condition with the silver worn off in places and lots of marks so looks like it has has a hard life, annoyed that I was runner up a few years ago and it wasnt engraved with my details then so will see if they can be added this time. I have been told that these awards are meant to be given back in good time before the next years event but some people dont return them which is a shame.

Comment

• Remove passenger seat to fit new pre tensioner so had good access to the side of console which had some scuffs.

Comment

• Cleaned the leather and applied 3 coats of black leather dye from Bespoke leathering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                                Local engraver added my details - would have prefered them to be straight but too late now

Comment

Working...
                                X