No announcement yet.

My Estoril S50, Chuffed to have an M Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great to see another M Coupe on track - I took mine recently but to Donnington.

The sound deadening is a great idea, might look into doing similar.

Comment

• Brilliant! they do work well on track!

Not so good: I think for the first time i now have Vanos issues.

The track day must have finished off my Vanos!

I now have a hunting idle and a very slight hesitation/cough at 2.5-3k revs.

Oh well, will get it sorted! I always wondered how well it was functioning, seemed ok before, maybe it was engaging a bit slowly.... makes me optimistic for how the car drive once I've got it sorted :)

Comment

• Originally posted by urquattrogus View Post
        Brilliant! they do work well on track!

Not so good: I think for the first time i now have Vanos issues.

The track day must have finished off my Vanos!

I now have a hunting idle and a very slight hesitation/cough at 2.5-3k revs.

Oh well, will get it sorted! I always wondered how well it was functioning, seemed ok before, maybe it was engaging a bit slowly.... makes me optimistic for how the car drive once I've got it sorted :)
        With a bit of luck it will just be the solder on the solenoid pcb's ( you can check impedance of the solenoid plugs with a multimeter to confirm they are ok), or one of the O-ring seals ( check for any oil inside the solenoid cover plates). Both easy fixes - ping me a pm if you want any more guidance on these checks. A bit of extra heat generated during a track session soon finishes off any failing components!

Comment

Working...
        X