Cossie's S50 Cosmos Black Metallic MC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cossie's S50 Cosmos Black Metallic MC

Well here we go, finally with my journal on my second Z3 MC which I purchased in June 2012. Only 9 years late with it!! This was the car after a wash down the day after I picked up from near Glastonbury. My wife and I went on train down to pick it up (4hrs) and then we drove back (5.5hrs) in torrential rain to Teesside.

I found out that this second Z3 M Coupe had an totally identical build specification (805 of 821) to the first MC I'd owned for 4 years (692 of 821). I never saw the car until I picked it up from the previous owner.
    I had asked a Forum member (Indy) go to give it an inspection for me as I was working in Nigeria at the time and had seen the advert on Pistonheads the day after I arrived back my work location. I didn't think it would still be available by the time I finished my trip a month later. Indy did a brilliant job for me, he did a full MOT, HPI check and visual inspection with full report on condition along with dozens of photographs. I will be forever grateful for the what Indy did for me that day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0405.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	295343owned

Name:	DSCN0406.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	295342 .

Lots more to follow

Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
    2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
    1986 M635
    1985 E28 M5
    1983 E28 528i Alpina

You know I met indy last week! Finally good to see your journal!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
      You know I met indy last week! Finally good to see your journal!
      Indy, he's a great lad, last saw him at Silverstone in 2018 if I recall. Hope he can get to Silverstone this year. He supplied me with a set of wheels on an exchange + cash for a E46 M3 and another for this Coupe I have now. The finish on the Coupe wheels lasted 7 years which is not bad really when I decided to get them powder coat in 2019.

Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

First job I carried out in August 2012 on the car was to replace the OEM steering wheel. After driving a E46 M3 for 3½ years I'd got used to the thick rimmed steering wheel, so the really skinny rimmed item on the MC spoiled the driving experience.

Name:	DSCN0418x.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	295361

As I've mentioned a number of times this modification by Royal Steering Wheels is one of the best value for money things I've done. For me it totally enhances the driving experience. The only improvement I wish had been available when I had the wheel refurbished was the reshaping of bottom edge.

Shortly afterwards at the end of August 2012 as mentioned above I arranged with Indy to purchase a set of his refurbished Roadstar wheels. He was travelling up from London so we arranged to meet midway at a tyre depot just off the M1 at Donnington. They removed and swapped my tyres over to the set that Indy have provided. Job done.
        Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

This the specification sheet that I managed to get from a guy in the States who posted on the Reddit site, I have not details of how I contacted him back then. Maybe someone can come up with a source where they can get this information in the UK. Will the dealers have it on their system I wonder?

Z3 M Coupe

General Data
          Name Data
          VIN LB29908
          Production Date 2000-06-19
          Color COSMOSSCHWARZ METALLIC (303)
          Upholstery LEDER WALK NAPPA/SCHWARZ (Q6SW)
          Cubical Capacity 3.20
          Power (kw) 236
          Engine S50
          Development Code E36 (7C)
          Series 3
          Code CM92
          Model M-COUPE (EUR)
          Type RCOUPE
          Steering RL
          Doors 2
          Drive HECK
          Transmission MECH
          Ordered Options
          Code Description
          S260A Side airbag for driver/passenger
          S302A Alarm system
          S354A Green windscreen, green shade band
          S403A Glass roof, electrical
          S413A Trunk room net
          S428A Warning triangle and first aid kit
          S441A Smoker package
          S502A Headlight cleaning system
          S530A Air conditioning
          S669A Radio BMW Business RDS
          S674A Hi-Fi System Harman Kardon
          S694A Provisions for BMW 6 CD changer
          L812A National version England / Ireland
          S818A Battery master switch
          S863A Retailer Directory Europe
          S877A Delete cross-pattern operation
          S880A Operating instructions, English
          S925A Transport protection package
          Standard Options
          Code Description
          S209A Differential lock 25%
          S243A Airbag for front passenger
          S314A Door mirror / driver‘s lock, heated
          S423A Floor mats, velours
          S481A Sports seat
          S494A Seat heating driver/passenger
          S710A M sports steering wheel
          S785A White direction indicator lights
          S853A Language version English
          It is a 805th car made.
          There were 4 cars made on 2000-06-19
          The rarest option on your car is the option 502. It was installed on 255 out of 821 cars.
          There were 35 1998-2000 BMW Z3 M Coupe (CM92) - RHD painted in Cosmos Black Metallic (303) with Black Nappa Leather (Q6SW) interior.
          Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
          1985 E28 M5
          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

In October 2012 had a bit of a mishap whilst driving up the A1 one evening to Alnwick for Lindisfarne Legends concert, temperature gauge went into the red so pulled over into layby. Popped the bonnet and could see a snapped fan belt. B****r!!
            I knew a mate, Michael, from the BMWCCNE drove up that stretch of road in his truck to a depot not far from where I was so for a long shot gave him a ring on his mobile. Amazing, he was driving North about 10mins behind me. He pulled in and after a discussion I followed him to the depot, parked up and Michael took us to Alnwick for the concert. Stayed overnight in local hotel and got train home next day. Following day armed with tools, new fan belt and a catalogue of fan belt arrangements courtesy of John Hind the chap who has done my servicing and repairs for the last 20 + years I went back up the road to attempt a repair. Cut a long story short, I had to give up after a couple of hours as there appeared to be a problem with the water pump, nothing for it I rang the RAC and they turned confirmed the water pump problem. Got the RAC to recover the car to John's place. The car was repaired in a couple of days with a new pump (the old one was seized) and set of belts.

The car has done 20,000 miles since then and hasn't missed a beat.
            Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
            1985 E28 M5
            1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Next upgrade I tackled in February 2013 was to replace the OEM Business Radio as I like to listen to sport on radio especially TMS cricket on BBC 5 Live Extra so I needed a DAB radio plus I wanted to be able to connect my iPod for music instead of using CDs.
              After a lot of research I purchased an Alpine CDE-136BT DAB car radio plus Kinetic DRA-6003 DAB/FM/AM bundle (Inc ariel) from Dabonwheels. I then got a local guy, Duncan Fairlie, to install it. Duncan comes to your house and does the install in your drive. I handed all the kit over to him and went in the house for a cuppa, came back out 30 mins later to see the interior of the car in a million bits, headlining down, cables all over the place! “Don’t worry he said they all go back together OK, I’ve done hundreds of installs on all sorts of cars”. The job was done in 90 mins and that included Duncan doing a run through on pairing my phone and explaining some of the radio’s other features.
              I’ve been really pleased with radio and the iPod connection ever since, mind I’ve got pair my iPhone which I’ve had for a couple of years but haven’t got round to it yet.
              I’ve still kept all the OEM gear in case it’s ever required in the future.

Seem to be having problem uploading photos. Have look at it tomorrow.
              Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Working...
              X