Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks Cheap

Hi Everyone

I just thought I would say hi and introduce myself.

After a bit of a hunt and a long time hankering I have eventually managed to get myself a Z3 MC and I am chuffed to bits.

The car I ended up buying was the car discussed in the Wanted and For Sale section under the title " This looks cheap". As it turns out this car has been owned by at least 3 previous forum members but if you were to read some of the negative comments you could have been under the impression that it was a bit of a "dog" however i can assure you it is certainly not. It was a case of a good car just needing a little bit of tlc and that's my plan.

I have already had it checked out by Darren Wood, they have a reputation second to none and have confirmed that other than needing a few bits and pieces its all good. I also have a good friend that restores Porsches on the bodywork side of things and its received his blessing so happy days.

So overall a good story so far and I can's wait to get cracking sorting it out with a suspension refresh on the list first- Watch this space.

BTW what a great forum.

Regards
    Fin

Good stuff! As often happens, it's a case of actually going and having a look at a car, not necessarily listen to everything you read.

Keep us posted on the work you do; start a journal in the Journals section
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Welcome zoot
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Welcome Zoot. Please keep us posted

Comment

Good to hear, happy days! Enjoy the car

Comment

Well done, there is a lot of experience on the forum to assist, and various opinions of course which makes things interesting!
            S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Keep us updated

Comment

Hi and welcome, pleased you purchased this car as previously said you need to view for yourself and make your own mind up.
                Good foundation to start with. The "upgradeitus" will soon kick in.........
                Adjustable Susp,arb's,wheels/tyres,carbon air box the LIST goes on and on and on..........
                Keep us informed as you go along, happy motoring.
                2000 BMW Z3M COUPE.
                2006 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo.
                07 Volvo V70 D5
                1972 Suzuki Gt750J.
                1972 Suzuki Gt550J.

Some of my old cars.........http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/gman69/library/CARS

Comment

I called about this car and it had been sold the day before, so congrats on beating me to it
                  On the plus side I'm soooo happy with the imola red example I picked up shortly afterwards, so thanks for beating me to it (although you did cost me a few grand )

Comment

Thanks everyone for the replies and I will keep you updated what I am up to

I already have the Bilstein B8's, H & R Anti roll bars and the rogue rear top mounts organised for starters

Regards
                    Fin

Comment

Working...
                    X