Stuttgart Traitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuttgart Traitor

After twenty years of driving and dealing in classic Porsche I have finally jumped ship. To be fair, a well sorted 3.2 Carrera with a fresh 915 box is a hard act to follow, but the seductive curves of the M Coupe’s rear (especially in that near denim blue) have always been in my peripheral vision, kind of like the exotic beauty who you see from afar every once in a while but have never mustered the courage to approach. Well, yesterday I mustered that courage and having waved goodbye to my 911 bought a c.2000 39k M Coupe in Estoril Blue with solid black leather. It’s early days - we’ve only just properly met after all - and it’s taken a few dozen miles to get used to the difference in ride and power delivery, but in the words of Mark Corrigan: ‘I think she might be the one.’ Of course I’m going to keep a bit on the side back in Stutttgart (must be that petit-pois of French DNA somewhere back on my father’s side), a 97 zero-optioned 2.5 Boxster, which is a real hoot, but this diminutive Munich beauty is perhaps the first expensive car I’ve bought for myself where I’ve not had a little shadow of - is it guilt - hanging over me ... hmm, maybe she is the one.

Haha, congratulations!
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Welcome
        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Welcome to the dark side

Comment

Welcome - Estoril blue is the best colour (i might be biased!)
            ----------------
            David
            1999 M Coupe (S50)
            >>Read my journal here<<
            2005 Smart Roadster-Coupe Brabus
            2022 Range Rover Evoque PHEV

Comment

Welcome to the corrent side of Germany lol.
              2001 E46 M3 Coupe for me / 2007 E91 335i for the Dogs.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. At last you have seen the "light" and bought a breadvan. Must admit whenever I park up my Coupe I cannot resist a look round at the fantastic looking rear end!!

Doesn't matter what colour you chose they all look great.
                Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                1986 M635
                1985 E28 M5
                1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Indeed, it’s that rear view that nailed it for me. It’s such a different car to the 911, just need to sort the driving position out as I’m used to laying down in cars, and I feel too upright in this, any simple fixes to this, spacers under the front of the seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Clicklovely View Post
                    Indeed, it’s that rear view that nailed it for me. It’s such a different car to the 911, just need to sort the driving position out as I’m used to laying down in cars, and I feel too upright in this, any simple fixes to this, spacers under the front of the seat?
                    Yep, pretty much. Known as the ‘seat tilt mod’ in z3 circles. YouTube vid here https://youtu.be/BntCLNpP8u0
                    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Thanks, I’ll have a look into that as I don’t fancy a Halfords booster seat …

Comment

Sounds like a fun new project for you!

Comment

Working...
                        X