Finally! Cosmos Black S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! Cosmos Black S50

After being a member on here for almost 10 years, I finally have one! It's a '99 S50 in Cosmos Black with Kyalami Orange interior. It has KW V3's coilovers, a Supersprint rear box and some EBC Yellow brake pads on the front. Picked it up in London on Wednesday, followed by a 300mile drive up the A1 to Durham.

Took some re-learning on my drive, it's quite different to the Range Rover that is my daily driver But what a cracking little car!

After previously owning an E30 M3, E36 M3 Evo, 6 (yes, six!) E46 M3's (incl a CSL, but we don't talk about that one, biggest mistake selling that) and a F10 M5, I am finally back in an M car and the only M car I have always wanted to own but hadn't.

It's not going to be a garage queen, it's going to be driven! Track days and road trips will be getting booked in the coming weeks. It's in really good condition and has a massive folder full of receipts, but the underside could do with a refresh, but that will be a project for next winter. For now, already ordered a slightly smaller OMP steering wheel, anything else in 2024 will be a 'need to bought', rather than a 'want to be bought'.

Once I have worked out how to upload pictures on here (it doesn't like the size of my pics ) I will upload some, but for now, this is the car:

https://www.dukeoflondon.co.uk/produ...bmw-z3-m-coupe

Comment

Looks great, even in the rain. Good to have another in the North East!
      2000 Dakar Yellow

Comment

Well Tim, you got there at last. It's taken you a long while since we used to go to the Dun Cow at Bournemoor for BMWCCNE monthly meetings way back when. You had one of your E46 M3s at the time and you said then you'd love to own a Z3 M Coupe.
        Sounds like you got a great car, the best colour aswell .

The steering wheel was the first mod I did in 2012, although I went a different route, I got my OEM wheel modified by Royal Wheels. After driving my E46 M3 for nearly 4 years the OEM wheel rim on the Z3 M Coupe was just too thin and slippery. Lots of owners on here and ZRoadster Forum have had steering wheels modified by Royal Wheels and these days the options are a lot more varied then when I had mine done eg flat bottom on the rim.
        Look forward to seeing the new acquisition when you have a chance to get to a meeting. There is Newby Hall SCITP in May and BMWCC Live in June at Oulton Park aswell as the BMWCCNE monthly meetings at the Black Horse (Aston Workshop site) on 2nd Sunday of the month.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by daviddunn View Post
          Looks great, even in the rain. Good to have another in the North East!
          David have you managed to to get the bodywork sorted on your car yet?
          Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
          1985 E28 M5
          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Cheers Gents.

Yes Pete, taken me a while, but finally got one!

How many are there on here in the NE?

Also saw this https://ushaw.org/whatson/ushaw-classic-car-show-24/ in Durham. Not been before. Might have a dodge along to the Black Horse one Sunday, what time do you guys meet?

Comment

Next BMWCCNE meeting at the Black Horse will be on 10th March, aim for 9:30 to get a good parking spot. The club meets down past the Black Horse carpark next to the Barn car sales showroom. There is a Facebook page for BMWCCNE which you might want to look at.

There are few Coupe in the area, although I haven't seen some of them for while.

Myself - Billingham
              Dave Dunn - Cramlington I think
              Stoney - Saltburn
              Martin (Ragerover) - Newcastle area
              David1975 - Hartlepool
              Markolambo - Newcastle (he's retired to Portugal and taken the car with him)
              Jess Robson - Cramlington but he's selling his car unfortunately.

A Couple of lads who get to to Newby Hall
              Bernie - Lincoln area
              Martin K - I think from York area

Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
              1985 E28 M5
              1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Nice congrats
                2002 Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue / Black Interior

Comment

Which steering wheel did you go for. It’s next on my list as well. I want to keep the oem wheel standard and replace it so I can revert if I ever sell.

Comment

Went for this OMP one. I wanted it slightly smaller than OEM, but not too small, so went for the 350mm. I also liked the red as opposed to the standard yellow so it's in keeping with the interior. Hasn't arrived yet, so can't confirm if I have made the right choice yet!

https://ybracing.store/products/spec...ther-red-black

Comment

Very nice ​​​​​​ Would love to hear how you get on with fitting it. If you need an adapter. And pics please I read somewhere that you’ll need a 2ohm resistor access the airbag wires otherwise the car will think there’s a fault. (Don’t hold me to that but worth checking)

Comment

Got a steering wheel boss coming as well, and that comes with the airbag bypass with it

Comment

How does it affect your insurance as with my company all modifications need to be declared? Whether this would affect your premium or cover I'm not sure. Also what about MOT with airbag being removed, is it OK as long as no warning light/fault being observed at test time?
                          Most people in the past have either modified their OEM wheel (via Royal Wheel) or fitted a Raid steering which these days are extremely hard to come by and expensive.
                          Dave P might have more info on the subject.
                          Pete C

Previous BMWs

1986 M635
                          1985 E28 M5
                          1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
                            How does it affect your insurance as with my company all modifications need to be declared? Whether this would affect your premium or cover I'm not sure. Also what about MOT with airbag being removed, is it OK as long as no warning light/fault being observed at test time?
                            Shouldn't effect the insurance at all.
                            As long as the airbag light is not on, it won't fail the MOT for not having an airbag.

Comment

Congratulations, car has been owned by several forum members over the years I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X